Welcome to the GE Trees in 2016 Press Package Page. Below you will find individual research materials from the speakers featured on the GE Trees in 2016 Telepress Conference, which took place on Feb. 9.
See the GE Trees in 2016 Webinar Video below.
Note: The presentation segments were re-recorded after the presentation for technical and time related reasons. Dr. Ricarda Steinbrecher’s segment is not included in this video, but her research is available below.
GOOGLE SHEETS VISUAL PRESENTATION
THE PANELISTS AND THEIR DOWNLOADABLE (PDF) RESEARCH MATERIALS
Anne Petermann – Executive Director of Global Justice Ecology Project and International Coordinator for the Campaign to STOP GE Trees
- Anne Petermann’s Remarks
- History of Arborgen
- ArborGen Original PR 1999
- GE Trees will Increase Deforestation
- GE Trees and Certification
- History of the Campaign to STOP GE Trees
- UN Decision on GE Trees
Dr. Ricarda Steinbrecher – PhD in Molecular Genetics and Developmental Biology, Co-Director of EcoNexus
- Genetic Engineering in Plants and the “New Breeding Techniques” (NBTs) – EcoNexus
- Genetically Engineered Trees & Risk Assessment by the Federation of German Scientists
- Transformation-induced mutations in transgenic plants
Dr. Doug Gurian-Sherman – PhD in Plant Pathology, Director of Sustainable Agriculture and Senior Scientist, Center for Food Safety
Dr. Rachel Smolker – PhD in ecology/biology, Co-Director of BiofuelWatch.
- GE Trees and Biomass outline and notes – Dr. Rachel Smolker
- Red Rocks Biofuels Media Briefing
- Destructive biofuels and wood-based biomass out of next Renewable Energy Directive
BJ McManama – GE Trees Campaigner for Indigenous Environmental Network