GJEP Operations and Support Assistant
Global Justice Ecology Project, a Buffalo-based non-profit organization with a social and ecological justice mission, is seeking a part-time Operations and Support Assistant. GJEP also manages the ¡Buen Vivir! Gallery, an art gallery committed to use of art and photography to advance our mission and to inspire people to become involved in the movement for social change.
GJEP seeks a part-time Operations & Support Assistant for our Buffalo, NY office and gallery. Position responsible for providing administrative support, scheduling and managing events and gallery hours, volunteer coordination, general office duties, and processing donor gifts and acknowledgements.
A demonstrated commitment to social and ecological justice essential. An interest in art highly desirable. Experience with non-profits preferred.
Strong administrative and computer skills required, including proficiency in MS Office, as well as a basic understanding of database systems. Knowledge of Quickbooks and e-tapestry donor software a plus. Must be able to multi-task, work independently, possess good communication skills and be a creative problem-solver. Candidate should have excellent attention to detail, be dependable and highly organized. Flexibility to work occasional evenings and Saturdays necessary.
Pay rate $16/hour
20 hours per week to start with potential for more hours as the position evolves.
GJEP is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Supporting the Directors of the organization
- Maintaining the schedule and managing the organization’s events and commitments, including special events.
- Managing bookkeeping, bill paying, quarterly reporting
- Troubleshooting as needed
- Managing volunteers for GJEP and the ¡Buen Vivir! Gallery
- Supporting fundraising activities, managing the member database
- Managing inquiries and member correspondence via phone, mail and email
- Creating and managing an efficient filing system
Send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and 3 references to: “Hiring Committee” and email to Contact@GlobalJusticeEcology.org Deadline 31 January 2015. No phone calls.